2005-present: Professor of Theoretical Physics, Head, Computational Science Program
Some Recent Professional Service
- Executive Committee, Roadmap (Strategic Plan) for Astronomy in Switzerland 2007-2016
- Project Scientist, NASA High Performance Computing & Communications Earth and Space Science Project, 1997–2002
- Member of Working Group 1992-2002
- NASA HQ Information Systems and Operations Management Working Group, 1997–2002
- Setting Priorities for Neuroscience, NIH Working Group, 2002.
- ISB Lead for Strategic Alliances with ARSC, UAF & IBM, 2001–2003
- Consultant, Center for Excellence in Space Data Information Systems (CESDIS), 1996–2000
- Co-PI, Intel Technology 2000 Initiative at UW, 1998– 2001
- “Detectability of gamma-rays from clumps of dark matter?”, Nature, 346, 39, 1990.
- “The Formation of a Realistic Disk Galaxy in Lambda Dominated Cosmologies” with F. Governato, L. Mayer, J. Wadsley, J. P. Gardner, B. Willman, E Hayashi, T. Quinn and J. Stadel, Astrophysical Journal, 607, 688, 2004.
- “Little Dwarf Galaxies survive within Bigger Dwarfs: Why Some Dwarfs Go Dark and Others Stay Luminous” with E. D’Onghia, Astrophysical Journal (Letters), 686, L61, 2008.
- “Thin, thick and dark discs in ΛCDM”, with J.I. Read, O. Agertz and V. P. Debattista, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 389, 1041, 2008.
- “Detecting the Milky Way’s Dark Disk”, with T Bruch, J. Read and L. Baudis, Astrophysical Journal, 696, 920, 2009